• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. changinman1

Birmingham Co-op Belmont Row

What a fantastic story - I used to work for the coop back in the early 80,s so this is close to my heart , I love hearing actual workplace stories from days gone by , it fascinates me, I worked for a while at the start of my butchery apprenticeship at Albert street...happy days ...keep the...
  2. changinman1

Rubery Hill Asylum Hospital

IF MY GT GT GRANDAD DIED IN RUBERY HILL WHERE WOULD HE BE BURIED ?
  3. changinman1

Hi Janice , where would I find out where Joseph Field is buried please ?
  4. changinman1

I got the info from Birmingham central library for my grandfather who was admitted there
  5. changinman1

Walter Collins and the Beet family

Hi im the grandson of Charles Field and in the newspaper reports which ive got prints of he tried to climb a ladder to get into the burning bedroom window but failed , I didnt really know my grandad as I was very young when he passed away and he never really spoke about it to any of the family.
  6. changinman1

I deffo will let you know , thanks
  7. changinman1

you so great ,,,,,thankyou
  8. changinman1

thankyou janice that would be very interesting if we could find out if they are available
  9. changinman1

But where do you get a patient record from ?
  10. changinman1

thats a hell of a long time poor man and according to that classed as a pauper , I wonder if they took photos of them upon admittance ? Thanks PJMBURNS X
  11. changinman1

Hi Jess , i dont ....i will get his dob and dod though ltaer if thats ok
  12. changinman1

Jan what was he admitted for in 1883 ?
  13. changinman1

hi can you give me the address of the graveyard please as my gt great GF did there
  14. changinman1

Field family

yes charles is the son of george
  15. changinman1

Elmdon Airport

where exactly is the airfield ? its not that obvious that its an airfield and there are no buildings to suggest an airfield , im not disputing the site but id have expected some sort of building
  16. changinman1

Dorridge

Hi did you ever have any luck
  17. changinman1

Field family

Hi ive got a florence field who was a sister to my grandad charles henry field ?
  18. changinman1

Great Grandmother Ellen Field nee Ray/Reay

so potentially we could be related ?
  19. changinman1

brearley street newtown.

what year would that have been ?? ...and you are talking about Bham airport ?
  20. changinman1

brearley street newtown.

what no was it on the street that joseph and sarah lived please
Back