• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. izabellanne

Kynoch Press

Edit. Images referred to are unavailable. g.g jean.. I have so enjoyed looking at your photos from the Monitor..I have spotted a couple of people I new in Kynoch Press..I used to have to read the Monitor ..cover to cover.. when I worked in the Reading Room there. I also worked with Mr Worth. in...
  2. izabellanne

Kynoch's Fire Brigade

Wellhead Lodge Chris / Mike I lived at the lodge on the right of Wellhead Gate. My Dad was second chief fire officer Amos. The Chief fire officer Morgan lived in the lodge at the left of the gate. There was a gate at the bottom of the garden straight in to the site, which I used every morning...
  3. izabellanne

Kynoch Gatehouses

I worked in PAPER box,then Kynoch Press from 1958-1967.My Father was an on site fire offer, and we lived in the gate lodge house in WELLHEAD LANE... I am so upset to see it now. What a waste of a beautiful house.
Back