• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. G

Calthorpe Motors + Bordesley Green

Has anyone any information on Calthorpe Motors? My Gt. Grandfather worked there according to family stories. I understand the factory was in Bordesley Green. From the limited information I have been able to find cars were made from 1904 and production finished in 1926. Thanks Gill
  2. G

Barton Street, Birmingham 1881

I am trying to help a friend with his family tree and he has a birth certificate for an ancestor showing a birth at 28 Barton Street, Aston Manor in 1881. There was no fathers name and the mother registered the birth using her parents home address of Park Lane. Have been unable to find Barton...
  3. G

Lovekin - Bradley Lovekin

Looking for any information on the Lovekin Family living in 1906 at 115 Fourth Avenue, Small Heath, Birmingham. I have a hand written letter giving my Grandfather a reference - he was in a Musical Act called the Victoria Variety Vocalists and the writer was ? christian name - Bradley Lovekin...
  4. G

Yardley Cemetery Acocks Green

Could anyone advise me how I can find the burial records for Yardley Church. I know the death was in 1938 and they lived in Church Rd so presume they would have been buried there. Any help appreciated. Gill
  5. G

Musical Act called the Original Victoria Variety Vocalists

I have found evidence that my Grandfather was in a troop called the Original Victoria Variety Vocalist. A postcard shows there were 8 of them in the act and have also got a letter from their late Manager who was called ? Bradley Lovekin in 1906 - he was living at 115 Fourth Avenue, Small Heath...
  6. G

Crowder Family

Looking for any information on Crowder Family. John Crowder c 1817 married twice - 2nd wife Frances Parker. Looking for connections to their children: George, Anna Maria, John, Amelia, Charles, Esther MARY ANN and Alfred. Born between 1841 - 1855. Gill
  7. G

Wiseman Thomas and Mary Ann

I thought I had found an entry for the death of my relative Mary Ann Wiseman and sent for the death certificate. Not mine!!! If anyone is researching this family who are shown to have children: Gertrude, Emma, Fred and Harry + would like to have details from Mary Ann's death certificate please...
  8. G

WISEMAN / CROWDERILL Family Tree

Research has shown that in the 1851 Census: James Wiseman was married to Sarah (Bishop) (Aged at this time 38 and 39) Living at 334 Summer Lane. Children were: John, Selina, Betsey, Sarah, Emily, HENRY, Ellen. HENRY - found to be christened JAMES HENRY (Born 1848) Married Mary Ann...
Back