• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. S

British India information.

Could some kind person tell me where I can do research for someone who served in India {Fort William] in the 1800s. Sid Walker 20.03.09.
  2. S

Parkes Family Ashted.

I'm looking for any reference to the Parkes Family living Ashted, Moland St and or Great Brook St In particular Frerderick Augustus Parkes 1819 -1884. Census 1881 shows the family at Great Brook Street. Any information however small would be greatly appreciated. Sid Walker.
  3. S

Walker lookup

I"m researching any reference as to the following relatives. Walker Charles lived Latham Grove B'ham 25 ? c1940. Walker Charles Arthur Valentine lived 27 Eastham Rd B'ham 14 ? c1940 Walker Herbert lived on the Queslett. Sorry I do'nt know the modern Post Codes for B'ham Any small clue greatly...
  4. S

Hospital or Old Folks home ?

Could some kind person answer a couple of questions for me? My grandfather died "Western Rd" was this Dudley Rd Hospital? I remember as a nipper an old lady vistor who was deaf and dumb who came from "Dudley Rd". Was there a Old Folks home there? Any information most welcome. Sid. 13.02.07.
  5. S

Anyone know this one?

Its been years since I've heard this one,but I suddenly said it the other day,out of the blue. "You're all dressed up like a pox doctors clerk" I got strange looks from the person I said it to. Has anyone else heared of this old saying.? Sid.
  6. S

Handsworth ?

Could anyone tell me if around the 1870s Handsworth was in Staffs or Warwickshire. Sid Walker. Thank you much appreciated Sid Thank you information noted 21.03.06 Sid.
  7. S

ABC Minors !!

Does anyone remember being a "ABC Minor" on a Saturday morning at the cinema at Six Ways. A serial, lots of cartoons,maybe the Three Stoogies,and no advertisments!!!! Memories indeed. :lol: :lol:
  8. S

Tripe & Cowheel

Ther once was a shop just up from the Hip and opposite the Bartons that sold Tripe and Cowheel. You took a jug and the lady filled it up I took many a sip before I delivered my errand back and earned my sixpence. Does anyone remember that place ?
  9. S

Plane Maker

Apart from the obvious What was a Plane Maker {1800s] ?
Back