• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. W

Trying to identify country and uniform

I'm wondering if anyone might recognise this uniform? I think my great uncle was in India in the early 1900s. He was originally from Aston, born in 1883 - I can't find him in the 1911 census though. Many thanks Wendy
  2. W

28th London Regiment photo

I've been slowly going through photos of my grandfather and great uncle's -WW1. They were, at some time, both in the 28th London Regiment (Artists Rifles). I'm not sure how large the photos will come out here but I have larger photos on my computer if anyone would like a copy! This one shows a...
  3. W

Advice/help on Medal Cards please?

Hello - I'm trying to find as much as I can on my great uncle (Harold Theodore Emerson) and grandfather (George Cuthbert Emerson) - I've found the following "Medal Cards" for both of them but am confused as to how I can find any more info. If anyone can translate the cards/point me in the right...
  4. W

Goodall's Confectioners & Tobacconist

I've posted this on another forum but thought someone here may be able to help? Does anyone know whether these shops (or roads, come to that!) still exist please? My gt grandfather, Thomas Goodall, was born in 1856 in Birmingham.  The census shows the following: 1861 lived with his...
  5. W

Goodall of Aston

:shock: I'm stuck and would welcome any help or advice!! I have my Gt Grandfather's wedding certificate but can find no trace of his birth certificate to find out who his mother and siblings were! I've copied some of my message that I posted in the Guestbook. Apologies if this is a lengthy...
Back