• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Pete Ex Pat

Horse & Jocky Sutton Coldfield

I have a good friend who as asked me to try and find a photo of this Pub. He used to use it many years ago when he live in sutton could someone please help ??? Regards Pete
  2. Pete Ex Pat

The Pheasant Pub Summer Lane

Can any one tell me about The Pheasant Pub at 333 Summer Lane as my 2nd Grt Granmother used to run it in1891, Her name Mary Ann Stevens Nee Colton Hughes. Also a Photo of it would be very nice !!!!! so I could add it to my Family Tree ...
  3. Pete Ex Pat

Old Fagot and Pea Shop

Any body remember the old fagot and pea shop at the bottom of Constitution hill near to Yardleys Music Shop there was also a jewish tailors shop called Lesser's
  4. Pete Ex Pat

The Museum Sutton Coldfield

Any one remember the Pub on the corner of Park Road, Would love a photo if poss. Back in 1967 the Landlord was Bernard Broad an old mate of mine, I worked in the Pub in the little snug bar as i had my leg in plaster after a fall from scaffolding on a building site. He put me there as I could sit...
  5. Pete Ex Pat

Queslet Road pubs The Old Horns,The Trees and the Deers Leap

Hope you can help ?? When iused to live in Kingstandig just off Kettlehouse Road back in the 60's early 70,s these were the Pubs that me and my mates used all the time. When I say the old horns imean the old old horns not the modern thing they got there now. I have also been told that some...
  6. Pete Ex Pat

Bevan Family from Lennox street

I am looking for info on the Bevan family from Lennox Street, My grandmother had a shop in the street at No 46 there were 8 children George,Fred,Alf,Helen (nelle)Hilda,Harold,Edward (Ted ) and Oliver. Hilda Married Horace Astle had two Children Betty and Derek, Fred Married Ivy Persal they hasd...
  7. Pete Ex Pat

Smith Street School Hockley

Smith Street Junior & Infants Just off Wheeler Street. Edit. A link to Smith Street School thread is here https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/smith-street-school-hockley.42381/ My you live as long as you whant and never whant as long as you live
Back