• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Pete Ex Pat

Queslet Road pubs The Old Horns,The Trees and the Deers Leap

Thats the one used to be great old place my best mates Dad was bar man there for some time Ernie I think he was called Cheers Pal for the photo !!!! Pete
  2. Pete Ex Pat

Old street pics..

Hi Lyn, Just gone through all the old Pic's again re visiting a lot of old memories of the old Days, I left in 1970 moved too Devon then onto Cornwall in1977 still here but the old heart stings give me a pull now and then.... Still really proud to be borne and bred in BRUM PETE EXPAT
  3. Pete Ex Pat

Old street pics..

How nice to see old places of my childhood , Brum holds a strong hold on my heart , All way's has and all ways will !!!!! Pete Ex Pat
  4. Pete Ex Pat

Birchfield Road Perry Barr

Hi Mohawk, Just come across this photo of yours !!! Boy did it bring back some old Memories of when I used to work for a company called A,R, Hancox Ltd in Heathfield Road as a Pipefitter welder and allways got a lot of there Tools from Dodds in Perry Barr an pipe and fittings from Astbury and...
  5. Pete Ex Pat

Old street pics..

Yes I did notice the old gateway to the Kingstanding Pub had a few in there over the years .... I had my first pint in there a mild it was 1 and a penny in old money. went in on my birthday one year and asked Stan the landlord if he was going to buy me a pint for my birthday He asked how old I...
  6. Pete Ex Pat

Old street pics..

Thanks for This photo of the old Circle how it stirs up the old memories !!! We moved up in 1957 To Dormington Road First on the left just past the Odean cinema we lived on the corner... Happy Days . I was last up there about 2 years ago oh boy have things changed, and not for the better ...
  7. Pete Ex Pat

Great Hampton Row

Hi Wendy, Thanks to your cousin in USA who sent the picture of Gt Hampton Row my Great Granddad Thomas Mayo my Great Grandmother Esther nee Ingram with there children Thomas & Ivy .. My granddad said his dad used to drink in the Minerva Pub. My Gt Gran was a Dress Maker along with Ivy Gt...
  8. Pete Ex Pat

Lower Tower Street

Hi Lyn Thanks once again for the great picks !!!!! Brings a big big lump in my thoat thinking of the days back then .... Cheers Lyn Keep um coming Pete
  9. Pete Ex Pat

The Museum Sutton Coldfield

Hi Dean, Firstly sorry to hear your Dad (Bernard ) has passed away he was a great Bloke, Had some good laughs and times with him back in the day.. Last time I saw him he was the landlord of the Lamplighter in Walsall back in about 1970/1 ,,, Please give my regards to your Mom , His your Dads...
  10. Pete Ex Pat

Lower Tower Street

Hi Lyn, Yes I an't to bad as long as I keep waking in the morning I will be Happy !!!! The shop I am interested in is the one on the opposite the Barrel Pub .. It was a general groceries shop and the lady who owned the shop was a friend of my Mother. She used to mind me and my Sister during...
  11. Pete Ex Pat

Lower Tower Street

Has any one got a photo of Nixsons Shop on the corner of Summer Lane and Lower Tower Street.. Regards Pete Ex Pat
  12. Pete Ex Pat

Brook Tavern, Lennox Street

Hi Michael. Are you related to the Bevan's by any chance as they all used to Drink in there !!!!!!! (my Family ) Regards Pete
  13. Pete Ex Pat

Courtyards and yards of brum

No Probs only wish I had more but back in the day money was hard to come bye ,Which has just bought back a memory of me and a friend called Williams from Wheeler Street used to go up town with our trolly's 4 wheels and a plank and collect the old tomato box's etc up the bullring bring them...
  14. Pete Ex Pat

Courtyards and yards of brum

This is our back yard of 5 back of 81 Wellesley Street I'm on the right of my Dog Toby a collie cross I think the lad behind me was called Guthridge the year was about 1954/5 my school was on Farm Street. Regards Pete
  15. Pete Ex Pat

Old street pics..

Thanks for posting this photo.... It reminds me of when I used to play football in the space behind the building I was about 9 or 10 years old that would be 1954-5.. Many thanks Regards Pete
  16. Pete Ex Pat

Old street pics..

Know this sight well its knocking off time at the Bsa ... Worked there on Sub Contract early 60's and it was just the same as photo,, Regards Ex Pat Pete
  17. Pete Ex Pat

Old street pics..

Iwould not no Lyn the last time I was in Birmingham was to attend a Wedding of my best mates son 2 years ago .. Had to come back home to Cornwall early as my breathing started to play up with the old Asbestos on my lunges and the car fumes did not get on to well .. But i do miss the old town...
  18. Pete Ex Pat

Old street pics..

Thats Just how I remmember it as a 12 year old .. Some Lady ?? at Grove Lane Baths tought me how to swim at the age of about 8/9 all she did was to get me to open my eyes underwater.. when i could see the bottom i had no fear tanks to her I have had many years swimming all over the world Lakes...
  19. Pete Ex Pat

Old street pics..

I would lke that Lyn !!!! That bring back memmores of OXO Drink upstairs in the cafe and perhaps some sweets, But that would mean if we had sweets it would be a long walk home down Monument Roard cross over Dudly Road and down Ickneid Street to the Brook down farm street to home Wellesly...
  20. Pete Ex Pat

Old street pics..

This just how I remember the Brook as we call it ??? I whent to Ickneild St School left easter 1960.. as for the #8 bus used that a lot to go to monument road swimming baths we lived at 5 back of 81 Welesley Street which as you know runs off Nursery Road .. Thanks for bringing back my good old...
Back