• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. TOPSYTURVEY

Graham Twist

Sad to here Graham Twist has passed away. Author of A Backstreet Boyhood.
  2. TOPSYTURVEY

1950s

A few memories of the 1950s https://youtu.be/4cKpaqfQ62k
  3. TOPSYTURVEY

Hamstead Colliery

Remembering all those who lost their lives 4th March 1908 (Replacement)
  4. TOPSYTURVEY

picture 1915

Very sad to see these servicemen what looks like above Knee high in water.
  5. TOPSYTURVEY

A recruitment parade in Corporation St

6. TOPSYTURVEY

My Mothers Son. by Patrick Hughes

The Story of this mans life in Guilford St. After reading this book i remember his mom,and went to School with his niece.
  7. TOPSYTURVEY

The Stork

I am reading a book at the moment where The Stork was mentioned on Lozells Rd. Does anyone Know where it was?
  8. TOPSYTURVEY

Aldridge Road .

Would anyone be able to tell me whereabouts on Aldridge Road this picture was taken please ?
  9. TOPSYTURVEY

Bus Crash

This was a piece out of Evening Mail Last Week.Might be of interest.
  10. TOPSYTURVEY

Saltley Hot Air Balloon Accident

It is funny what kids remember and i had totally forgotten about this incident. My niece was only about 5 at the time but she remembers me taking her to see my Mom who lived in Newtown at the time and we were waving to a Air Balloon that was going over.... I remember later that Day i heard it...
  11. TOPSYTURVEY

Dirk Bogarde

Does anyone know where about in Perry Barr Dirk Bogardes Father lived?
  12. TOPSYTURVEY

Hospital st

A Picture from one of Carls Books.Does anyone know what part of Hospital St these flats were located?
  13. TOPSYTURVEY

Good Bye Star.

Good bye and God Bless to our beloved Dog Star,With us for 14 yrs .It broke our hearts yesterday to have to make the decision to let you go . Our house is empty now without you.x:cry:
  14. TOPSYTURVEY

In A Monastry Garden Song

Does anyone remember the name of the man who wrote In a Monastry Garden.I think he came from Alma St.
  15. TOPSYTURVEY

Grandfather

Came across this photo of grandfather.Can anyone tell me anything about what regiment he would have been in?
  16. TOPSYTURVEY

Comics/books of yesteryear

Hubby had a clearout:Ddecided to get rid of his childhood books/comics.Does anyone know who buys these kind of things in brum?
Back