• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. J

Aston, Lozells & Witton Photos Reposted thanks to Ray Griffiths...

Maybe 1926, was when she was in the area
  2. J

Aston, Lozells & Witton Photos Reposted thanks to Ray Griffiths...

Is anyone related to a Kathleen Ryan, who lived in and around the area
  3. J

Brougham Street, Lozells

Does anyone remember the boarding house- No19 Nursery Road, opposite St Francis School, from about 1946- 1955
  4. J

Brougham Street, Lozells

O right, I must have got mixed up. Yes happy days
  5. J

Brougham Street, Lozells

How lovely. I think Penny was the youngest of the Sharples family. Her older brother was great friends with Victor Clent until his tragic accident at 17 on a motorbike
  6. J

Brougham Street, Lozells

Wow that’s brilliant- Joy’s daughter Paula used to go to the sweet shop with her Grandmother Ivy when she was little, also the corner shop on Nursery Road/ Villa Street. Happy memories
  7. J

Brougham Street, Lozells

Yes, they did sell Lino. Joy Clent- looked after the sharpies children, one of them was called Penny- quite a large family I think
  8. J

Brougham Street, Lozells

Hi Harry Thank you for your reply, not to worry, I’m hoping that someone may remember the family. I don’t remember the name Alan Bowsherman. Do you know the Sharples family who lived in the area at all.
  9. J

Brougham Street, Lozells

Hi Lyn Sorry I don’t have any photo’s, I was hoping that someone may remember the family on the corner of Brougham street/16 Nursery Road.
  10. J

Brougham Street, Lozells

I mean Kentona72
  11. J

Brougham Street, Lozells

Hi Kentona73 My Grandparents lived on the corner of Nursery Road and Brougham street, No 16 Nursery Road. Ivy and Arch Clent from 1941- 1971 (I think it was 1971) their children were Barbara, Joy, Roy and Victor
Back