• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. D

Me Dads old sayings

One of my Dads sayings was "The place is run like Fred Karnos " and "Your burning the candle at both ends " happy memories
  2. D

Church Road, Yardley.

There was a small garage and petrol pumps on Croft Road it is now the site of houses the garage i think must have been demolished in the late 1960s early 1970s there was also a small builders supplies merchant at the side of a house on Church Road on the junction with Croft Road.
  3. D

Pubs And Clubs Of The 70s And 80s

Enjoyed reading through this thread some great old venues my time going into town was early 1970s the ones i remember are The Gilded Cage which i think had dancers on Saturday nights in a cage . The Bierkeller Needless Alley . The Parasoll Hurst Street . Bogarts which i think had three floors...
  4. D

Car tax office in city centre

I worked as a driver for a Moskvitch and Lada dealer in Sparkhill in the 1970s and was sent to tax many of the new cars it was usually a full morning or afternoon job thankfully i got a promotion to the parts dept so that task fell to someone else. Oozell Street tax office is a place i wont forget
  5. D

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

Saw Screaming Lord Sutch at Bloomers night club and he performed a mock execution on Alice Cooper as he said Alice had nicked his act i can remember he brought a guillotine on stage to do this i think it was around 1972 ish
Back