• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. E

Dudley Road Hospital 1929

Thanks but I wont be making their names public - it is still a very personal family story. I was just hoping someone might have a similar story or know some of the general information am looking for. thanks for your help.
  2. E

yes she was born in Ireland - do you think there is any significance to that? I think there was some link between Cork and Dudley road hospital, possibly in nursing training schemes - or maybe the workhouse - because I have found someone else from the same part of Ireland who also came to...
  3. E

I've checked these and her name is not on them sadly. Thanks
  4. E

are there workhouse records I could search?
  5. E

Thanks Lyn, under 'resident' column it just says Dudley Rd Hospital, Birmingham. She might have been in the workhouse but I thought by 1929 the workhouse was closed in Dudley Rd - is that correct? she got married in Cork and stayed there. By best guess is that she was resident having a child, or...
  6. E

My grandmother was from Cork, and married in a church in cork, but I recently found her marriage certificate that stated she was 'resident' in Dudley Road hospital at this time. She may have been there as a trainee nurse. or as a patient, we are not sure. Has anyone seen this before? She was...
Back