• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. T

Any Thoughts

Hello All My husband and his sister always believed that their Father had been brought up in Barnardo's, where he was learnt to box, and when he left he worked on a farm in Gloucestershire. Wrote to Barnardo's with all the details, but have just recieved a letter back saying they can find...
  2. T

Ford Caleb

I have a Caleb John Ford born 1850 at Grendon Warwick, parents Caleb Ford and Elizabeth. I have found Caleb Ford and Elizabeth Dowell marriage in 1849 in Grendon Warwick as well. In the 1851 census I found Elizabeth Ford as head aged 23 and caleb John aged 5 months,in Grendon. I found caleb...
  3. T

Which Workhouse

I have just recieved my husbands G.Grandmothers death certificate, it states that she died in the workhouse infirmary,the Registration District was Aston in the Sub-district of Erdington. The residence she had been living at was 3,Court,11 House,Gt Francis Street,Birmingham. Her name was Jane...
Back