• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. A

Pubs And Clubs Of The 70s And 80s

I remember the Temple Bar in Temple Street, near Navigation St. end. Used to go there every lunchtime. Or the Birdcage in Navigations St.
  2. A

Caroline Street / St Pauls Square

Does anyone remember a wine bar in Caroline Street in 1970s/80s? It was run by Lucia and they had live music, often with Norman Haines previously with Locomotive.
  3. A

Montgomery Street School

I was i touch with Billy Woodall until a few years ago. His contact ceased so I don't know what happened.
  4. A

Montgomery Street School

I remember Mr. Court, too. Year before Mrs. Jones, I think. I remember his being on a school trip to London Zoo, but not sure if that was the year I was in his class. You still in touch with Keith?
  5. A

Montgomery Street School

I liked Mrs. Jones, too. In that year I played Alice in Through the Looking Glass at Christmas, and Eliza Doolittle in Pygmalion for our leaving play. An ambitious project for her! She took me and my 'understudy' to Coventry to see My Fair Lady as preparation.
  6. A

Montgomery Street School

Yes I was. Were you in that class?
  7. A

Montgomery Street School

I think it was 54 - 59/60. Then went to Swanshurst Grammar.
  8. A

Montgomery Street School

I agree. I still remember the first lesson about ibby, lucy, the snake and the narrow bridge - her way of teaching the alphabet.
  9. A

Montgomery Street School

So pleased to find this site. My first memory of Montgomery Street was my first day, sitting on the side of the hall with my Mum waiting to go into Mr. Brazier's office. I don't remember what their conversation was about, but seem to remember he gave me a sweet. I was then taken to Mrs. Askew's...
Back