• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. S

Birmingham ship light manufacturers

I belive there was a tom bowling ship light at the directors entrance at lucas gks
  2. S

Birchfield Secondary Modern School

hi tonybrad I am very well thankyou did you play the doubie b flat base in the school band I was on the trombone line with howard and my brother david was on the front bench with ken hall kind regards sidwho
  3. S

Birchfield Secondary Modern School

hi howard and tony I am still in touch with other mebers of our school and the brass band which we played in
  4. S

Train Building in the UK

I think that if metro camel were still around they would have played a vital roll in getting the hs2 trains and reolling stock running up to super standard than other firms from other countries
  5. S

Motor Cycle Action Group demonstration 1990

yes it lucas gks
  6. S

Bus Chassis

no tempory cabs fitted when they were deliverd to mcw at the midland works
  7. S

Milk

we had one of these vending machines at the bottom of the ramp at the cincinattie works in erdington you could get milk and orange juce out of them as well kind regards sidwho
  8. S

Computer Help Please.

hi all have being reading your posts on upgrading to win 10. made a win 10 dvd and have updated from win 7 to win 1o on my old laptop. it loaded ok with only a few up dates runs quite fast better than win 7 kind reguards sidwho
  9. S

Lewis's Department Store

I remember the 39 bus stop out side lewiss
  10. S

Osbourne Road School

Erdington tech was in edwardsroad same side as the fire station done my part 2 city and guilds there
  11. S

Davey Road, Handsworth, Birmingham B20

hi smatie its a small world I lived at 115 Davey road with mom and dad and my brother david until the late eaigties kind reguards sidwho
  12. S

Keyboard Problem

hi got my last can of compressed air from the pound shop
  13. S

Computer Help Please.

hi smuder if you are using windows 7 if you go into start up menu and scroll down to acssories it shold be in there
  14. S

Which School ?

would it be aston park school which was on birchfeild road
  15. S

Private Railways In Birmingham

metro camel midland works had at least 2 diesel engines for shunting rolling stock around the works. the loco shed was at the far end of the works at the end of f shop king regards sidwho
  16. S

Smiths Victoria Brewery

can anyone tell me if there was a fred smith maltings inbetween the vine and aston station on lichfeild road many thanks sidwho
  17. S

Cincinnati, Kingsbury Road.

yes you could always tell when the yanks used to walk around the nattie, dose any one remember a man called desoler md he came fron aus and brought his own car with him in the oter post some called lou, was it lou hannon who was a sparks in the maintenance dept, kind reguards sidwho
  18. S

Farmers Bridge Lock 10

notice the rsjs on the roof for maintence of the lock gates
  19. S

Kynoch's I C I 1800s - 1920s

oldmohawk you are correct in what you say they are going to witton kind reguards sidwho
  20. S

Birmingham buses

mof225 is on aston lane just after witton island going towards perry barr opposite Tesco today kind reguards sidwho
Back