• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. A

Newcomers to BHF - a place to introduce yourself

I've been following the new build project since its inception. This is the first photograph I've seen of it on a train.
  2. A

On Facebook, I'm the Administrator of the Saltley Grammar School Alumni group. Anyone who went there should check it out.
  3. A

Hello, I am new to this forum. I was born in Dudley Road hospital in 1945, and lived at 12, Springthorpe Road, Pype Hayes, with my parents and maternal grandparents, from birth until I married in 1978. I went to Paget Road Junior School, 1949-1957, then Saltley Grammar School, 1957-64...
  4. A

Boswell Houses

Thanks. That's how I remember the back gardens just after the war, complete with Anderson shelters. Ours was buried completely, and, after the war, my Dad used it as a photographic dark room. This is pretty well the view that I got from my bedroom, which was the little room at the back of...
  5. A

Boswell Houses

Thanks. Some interesting details here.
  6. A

Boswell Houses

I am building a model of a Boswell House, the Council Houses that were built immediately after WW1. Does anyone have a front and back view so that I can estimate the dimensions?
Back