• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. M

Birmingham Schools Football History / & photos

Excellent to read, bringing back memories. Attended and played for Marsh Hill Tech inaugural teams between ages12 to 15, we won all the cups and league entered into during that period. I was the left back/half, something in the style of Terry Henessesy or Trevor Hockey of that great Blues era...
  2. M

Hunters Moon Castle Bromwich

Great Days, we were there when it first opened - about1965. There with the Maryland Mob of mates. I set fire to a girls head there once, shouldn't try to dance whilst smoking, her hair was backcombed and heavily lacquered - no damage and accepted my apology. Didn't get very far that night...
  3. M

The Heartbeat

I remember the Heartbeat, I think the routine was Locarno on Mondays, Heartbeat on Thurs/Fri then the Top Rank (Dale End) on Saturdays, Coulsdn't afford The Rum Runner!
  4. M

Marsh Hill Boys Grammar Tech School

I don't remember the wood and desks, but didn't he throw a wooden blackboard rubber around. Who were the weird physics and German teachers? Yhje german teacher gave me 12% in thee O level mocks then recommended Ime not to sit the exam, spoilsport!!!
  5. M

Chris, I was within the first intake after the 11+, I think I vaguely remember you, do I rekindle anything to you?
  6. M

How about Bernie Platt (Geog), Preece(Form teacher & English I think), Hurdman & Mr. Memory
  7. M

Chris, do we k now each other, I attended the school from the first intake and knew Mohammed quite well also.
  8. M

Can I post my school bit of fame, the clip comes from the Tiger comic and my school was Marsh Hill Tech, Erdington, and dated 1961. We won everything that we entered including the Federation Cup Final played at the Villa training ground, prior to Bodymoor heath I am having trouble attaching the...
  9. M

Marsh Hill Tech School 1961 Champions, unbeaten for 2 years I think
  10. M

Our team picture appeared in the Tiger comic as team of the week. I still have to cutting.
  11. M

Try Dave Dugdale (centre half went to Wolves
  12. M

Remember Bernie Platt very well, I think I was his star pupil as I got Grade 1 for GCE Geography, shame the other subjects didn't follow suit, Wasn't it a Mr Probert teached History in the next classroom, just across from the drawing office on the top floor
  13. M

I was also within the first intake, is there anyway where I can see others to jog a couple of memories. I was also part of the school football team that won the Federation Cup, a competition held throughout the Midlands fo 12ys olds (I think)
Back