• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. G

Jay Blades : The Midlands Through Time

I enjoyed watching 1st Episode aired last night on Channel 5 at 9.00pm. Refreshing approach to key past historical figures in the Midlands and their achievements. I am looking forward to the next 2 episodes
  2. G

The Real Peaky Blinders

Did you watch 1st Episode of The Real Peaky Blinders on BBC2 last night at 9pm with Prof Carl Chinn? I thought it complemented his book 'Peaky Blinders The Real Story' very well. Made me realize how our family ancestors who moved from rural Bucks must have felt and why most of the children died...
  3. G

Lowe Arthur Seal Stone Engraver

I am looking forward to researching the 1921 Census in January for members of our families especially in the Birmingham area. I am hoping to find out whether my wife's grandfather Arthur Lowe returned to his elite skilled craft as a 'Seal Stone Engraver' in the Jewellery Quarter in 1919, after...
Back