• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Insidecentre

Canning & Co & Electroplating

So who was your father?
  2. Insidecentre

Bill how you doing? Left Ketville in 2004 then did 19 years in the Blood Service and retired last June. You still in touch with any of the PC crowd? Martyn
  3. Insidecentre

Who are you btw? Can’t be many of us left?
  4. Insidecentre

Well remembered I did for years & years taking it out only for rugby on a Saturday, still pop a stud in every now and again lol.
  5. Insidecentre

Morning all, I worked at W.Canning Engineering aged 16 from 1979-1983 when we went bust, being only twenty was one of the last to be made redundant not long after we had moved into the new purpose built premises in Pitsford Street (a building which itself has been demolished in the last few...
  6. Insidecentre

And then you ended up with me at Pollution Control/Plating Engineering Norm in 84/86 lol Martyn Cartwright.
  7. Insidecentre

I remember Roy Shep, top bloke, new him at Cannings originally 79-83 then at one of the various offshoot companies ESP Ltd in 86-90. Lived near the Baldwin Pub in Hall Green. Largely self taught sparky could turn his hand to most anything within the workshop at ESP remember him building a spot...
  8. Insidecentre

Birmingham Fire Stations

Good morning, I've just stumbled across a post regarding FM Alan Carr, I was a Brigade child, with both mom & dad in the job, I remember Alan, from memory they believe he fell asleep after riding home from the continent either Spain or France. I grew up in the Brigade maisonettes on Woodcock...
Back