• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. A

College Road Handsworth

What was your sisters name. Did she ever go into the record shop and buy anything? The shop wasn't there long 1973/5
  2. A

Lordswood Boys' Technical School

Sorry for your loss of your Dad at School. It brought back a memory I had of a lad whose father passed away on Boxing Day, I may recall it being mentioned in the Lab Tech's room. Let me know if it was yourself.
  3. A

Hi Ian, what subject did you teach?
  4. A

Could 27 be Jean Hall and 38 Miss Tracey or Vigart
  5. A

Could No27 be Jean Hall, No38 Miss Tracey or Vigart.
  6. A

Grestone School Handsworth Wood

Hi Thom. Was wondering if you have been able to sort out any photos of Grestone school from storage. Thanks.
  7. A

Birmingham City Police 1839 - 1974

Do you recall PC C222 Don Woodhall and Ted Minchin at collators office Thornhill Road.
  8. A

Do you recall a PC C222 Don Woodhall and Ted Minchin from collators office Thornhill Road.
  9. A

DO YOU HAVE C222 DON WOODHALL AT THORNHILL ROAD. THANKS
  10. A

Then & Now

I lived Handsworth Wood, Beechglade parents had record shop on College Road.
  11. A

Toy/Model Shops City Centre

Do you remember JOJO's record shop next door to the model shop 1974/5
  12. A

College Road Handsworth

Does anyone remember JOJO's Records 20 College Road next door to the model shop 1974/5
  13. A

Hi Ian, I remember Miss Vigart teaching German, but what subject did Steve Austin and yourself teach? Is Helen Minovi, Jean Hall, Margaret Crossland still with us.
  14. A

See Birmingham by Post Card

Hi Bob. I would love to have the postcards, it would be very kind of you. I miss Birmingham so much and take an avid interest. If you could send to Andrew Woodhall, 20 Maryport Court, Carlisle, CA2 5LY. Let me know of any costs. Regards
  15. A

Thanks I remember the surname now.
  16. A

Thomas I would be grateful if you could post the pictures of Grestone School. I attended between 1972 to 1974 and went on to Lordswood. Also what was the name of the Head Teacher my parents would probably have met him. Thanks in advance.
  17. A

Hi John Do you remember Don Woodhall C222 and Ted Minchin Collators Office. Don lived in Beechglade, Handsworth Wood. He left in late 1973 to run a record shop in College Road. He re-joined in 1975. Regards Andrew
  18. A

City And Midland Arcades

My grandmother Mabel Redgrave worked at Werff Brothers 11 City Arcade according to 1921 census on FMP
  19. A

City And Midland Arcades

Hi Everyone my grandmother according to the 1921 census FMP worked at Werff Brothers 11 City Arcade
  20. A

See Birmingham by Post Card

HI David, according to the 1921 census FMP my grandmother Mabel Redgrave worked at Werff Bros in City Arcarde
Back