• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. R

GEC WITTON WORKS

My Grandfather worked at General Electric in Witton in 1921. Harry Jones his wife was Leah Jones (Clayton). Leter after his wife died in 1923 he moved South.
  2. R

Aston Union Workhouse

Thank you for your response.
  3. R

Barton Street, Birmingham 1881

My relations, Downes, Clayton, Jones, Turner all 10 relations, lived at 84 Barton Street. I have just logged on to the 1921 census and the full address as transcribed is 84 Barton Street Aston. However,it has has been also put as 84 Weston Street Aston. just wondered why that would be? If anyone...
  4. R

Aston Union Workhouse

Thank you so much. The young boy who died was Sarah's nephew. In future I will follow the hint of the Street names.
  5. R

Aston Union Workhouse

Hi I am searching for a death at Aston Union Workhouse, George Clayton 2 years old. I have a file number 1545545 Ref P124L991. I believe this child was the son of Sarah Clayton who died in the workhouse aged 41 on 10/5/1999. How do I find out how to get more information? I live in Australia.
  6. R

Courtyards and yards of brum

My grandmother was married at St Marys Church Aston Brook and this photo has helped me with the sort of clothes and the times. She married in 1919 Leah Clayton to Harry Jones. Thank you for the photos wonderful
  7. R

Upper Thomas Street School Aston

Hi My grandmother Leah clayton (married name jones)worked at upper Thomas street School. Do you have any information employees at the school. On her death certificate 1923 it says she her occupation was at council schools upper Thomas street Aston. Thanks Raye
Back