• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. A

St Barnabas Churchyard

Thank you Lyn for your reply, any help in any way, on our family’s behalf would be greatly appreciated. x
  2. A

St Barnabas Churchyard

Hi All, I am hoping some of you good people can help me. I live in Australia and have family members, my two Grandparents, my Gt. G’mother and my Uncle, buried at St. Barnabas Churchyard in Erdington. The original plot was numbered A190 which held John William George Greaves Died 1931 aged 4...
  3. A

Football badge with Queen Victoria Jubilee gold coin/medal

Thank you Lyn, Eric and Dave, you have been a great help. Cheers
  4. A

Thanks Dave, I had a look and I believe you are correct, it’s a shilling. I’ll have a look at the forum Lyn suggested. I may be able to find out which ancestor the badge & coin belonged to.
  5. A

Thanks for enlarging the pics Eric.
  6. A

Yes, that is what threw me as well Dave.
  7. A

Hi, I am hoping someone will be able to help me. My Mom handed down a Birmingham F.A badge to my brother, it is attached by a chain to a Gold Queen Victoria Diamond Jubilee coin/medal, which is dated 1887. I have looked online and found similar coins/medals, but the reverse side which shows a...
Back