• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. M

old family photos

hi all ive found some old photographs of my nans husband, I know he was part of the 57th heavy anti craft regiment, royal artillery. He was at one point based in germany, i also believe he served in india for a period of time. Would love to hear of anyone who has a relative included in the pictures.
  2. M

shepton mallet gaol

hi i know this is not birmingham based but just looking for a bit of advice. I have a gaol record for an ancestor, in the column stating previous convictions it says militia, also he was sentenced for breaking out of camp, he was 17 years old. Could anyone tell me what kind of camp it would have...
  3. M

Albert david little

hi im looking for anyone who has information on the shenley fields cottages home in northfield birmingham around the 1930-1940 mark. In particular information on Albert david Little 1925-1996. I know his mother died in 1930 at a young age i think this was the reason for his entry to said home. I...
  4. M

the krays in birmingham

im looking for memories anyone has of the kray twins being in birmingham and subsequently being run out of birmingham if anyone can help.
  5. M

Mucklows at arthur street small heath

long shot but im helping my dad trace his childhood friends. dad lived at arthur street in smallheath from around 1955. im looking for a john mucklow in particular..he was a good friend of dads. i have very little info to start with. john mucklow abt 1951 father name: jack mucklow brother: david...
Back