• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. D

Birmingham Cinemas

Hi Lee, The small picture house you mention was The Bournbrook Electric Theatre in Grange Road. This existed between 1911 - 1933 at which time it was taken over by Ariel Motors, as can be seen in the attached photo. My step father told of times he used jam jars for entrance!
  2. D

H W Wards Lathe Makers, Selly Oak. Any ex Apprentices out there?

Hello, did you take over from photographer Mick Macleod? I was pals with Mick for a few years, he was my wedding photographer in 1965. We used to spend most lunch hours either playing snooker above Burtons, or football in George Road Park. I remember Harold Hazard, always wore suede shoes, very...
  3. D

Lordswood Boys' Technical School

I started when the school was new in 1957. I left in 1961, not long after this photo was taken of 5G. I am still in touch with Derek Harper, Paul Kimberley, Nick Lilley.
  4. D

H W Wards Lathe Makers, Selly Oak. Any ex Apprentices out there?

Hello David, did you become Works Manager at Wards, Selly Oak? I worked with Jeff Leaver in the Despatch Office, 1964 - 1967
  5. D

Here is a photo from 1961, 5G. I am on the extreme right on the 2nd row up. I am still in touch with Paul Kimberley, Derek Harper, Nick Lilley, Rodney Newton & others.
  6. D

Hi Keith, I started 1957 left 1961. I recall most of the names here. Brian Rogers lived 2 doors away from me in the 1970s in Kings Norton. Regards, Don
  7. D

Canning & Co & Electroplating

When I joined the Publicity Dept in 1961 Mr Brockington was manager, with Robert Allen in the office along with Sid Smith. Valerie Stanton was Mr Brockington's secretary.
  8. D

Hello everyone. I have enjoyed reading all the memories on here. I was a 2nd year intake when the school opened in 1957 placed in form 2D, and left in 1961. My first form master was Gil Jones, P.E. Master. My house was Telford. Good memories of Mr Reinstein, maths, Mr Hawkridge, history, Mr...
Back