• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Bojalu

Jackie Hill of Lucas Memories R.I.P.

With sad news I have heard that Jackie Hill of Lucas Memories passed away this morning. Jackie left us a legacy with Lucas Memories. Condolences and heartfelt thoughts are with Jackie’s Family. May she Rest In Peace. xXx
  2. Bojalu

Programme on T.V tonight about Birmingham

Programme on T.V tonight about Birmingham - Barging round Britain with John Sergeant. Cadbury's, Bournville , plus canals. ITV at 8pm
  3. Bojalu

Could someone help repair this photo please

Hoping someone will help and take the time to restore this image. Thank you
  4. Bojalu

Lives Of The First World War - Remember Your Relative

If you know your ancestors regiment details remember your relative at – Lives of the First World War. https://livesofthefirstworldwar.org/
  5. Bojalu

Lives of The First World War - Remember your Relative

If you know your ancestors regiment details remember your relative at – Lives of the First World War. https://livesofthefirstworldwar.org/
  6. Bojalu

Hill Church, Sutton Coldfield

I have a marriage certificate dated 1858 . Bride and Groom married at Hill Church , Sutton Coldfield. I have not found a Hill Church, Could it be Holy Trinity? If this helps marriage certificate states in presence of Thomas Langley Clerk of Hill Church.
  7. Bojalu

Len Copsey R.I.P.

Len Copsey will be sadly missed by many. An Intelligent and interesting man. I hope his wife Carol and son Paul gained some comfort in the happy memories they have shared. I know he will be missed on the forum. Bo xxx
  8. Bojalu

Prospect Row - Map Location Please

Hi , Hoping some one can help me. Does anyone happen to have an old A-Z of Birmingham ? I am looking for Prospect Row. I have been informed it is in an 1970 A - Z. When did Prospect Row disappear ? Does anyone have an early map of Prosect Row ? Thank you Bo
  9. Bojalu

Dawsons Cycle Works - Help Wanted

Hello, Would anyone have any general information or memories of Dawson's Cycle works . Time period I am looking at is 1920's- 1940 Am I correct in thinking it was based in Ickneild St ? Thank you Bo
  10. Bojalu

Text to small

I done it again ! Done something with the mouse and text is too small. Cannot remember what to do with mouse to get back to correct size. Help Please Thank you
  11. Bojalu

Flickering Monitor Black Screen

My desk top montitor is taking up to half an hour to come on. This is happening every time I switch on. The screen is black , that flickers , I am just about able to see icons on screen. I am able to hear the start up theme, as soon as i switch on. Everything is plugged in and internet is...
  12. Bojalu

looking for a verse - Grief

I am unable to find a verse opening line- Isnt grief suppose to wane. I feel sure the verse was on this site. I have put in search box and scanned through poems section . Have I missed it or has it been deleted ? Bo
  13. Bojalu

July 2009 edition 100th Issue articles on Percy Shurmer & Summer Lane Kid

Some of The Late Brian Harding ( The Summer Lane Kid ) Poems are in the July issue 2009 . 100th Issue I have recently purchased two of his books from his son Keith. Also My Mum is featured on the front page with Percy Shurmer with write up inside about her trip to the Houses of Parliment and...
  14. Bojalu

Edge- Boxer

I am looking for any info on Birmingham's Boy Edge - BOXER Career 1920's - 1940 's? Photo's , memorabilia, or insight , possibly from Brookfields , Hockley or Ladywood area of Birmingham. Bo
  15. Bojalu

Church Searches

Suggestions to help with searches The Local Society of Genealogists to that area has Parish records from 1750-1815 The International Genealogy Index ( I.G.I ) on Family Search website- Church of the latter days Saints has records from 1754- 1815. If you Find your ancestor on this site, then...
  16. Bojalu

The smallest Park in Birmingham

Do any of you remember the park , as we called it although it did not have one blade of grass . It was in Sandy Lane near the junction Coventry Road and Watery Lane in Bordesley. There was room for a roundabout and see-saw but little else as I remember. The park had railings and was very near to...
  17. Bojalu

Childhood days in Brookfields

I have just read an excellent book - Childhood days in Brookfields by Norman H Bailey . Book is about 1930's -1940's childhood. I was thrilled that it made made a reference to my Hockley relatives. Unsure if the book is available in the shops or internet, I purchased mine via the books, link on...
  18. Bojalu

Adding a quote from another post

Where have I gone wrong ? I have just replied to post Electoral Role ( Roll ) having copied and pasted part of the original message I thought it would be highlighted but it all looks like my own message. Bo
Back