• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. P

Lerose

1 Hi Re: house of lerose « Reply #11 on: March 01, 2018, 08:46:52 PM » Hi This was from a feed posted some time ago it may be of interest to you I worked at Lerose from 1979 until 1885 with John Telford and Tony Chatterton. Sadly Tony passed away last year. I keep in regular contact with...
  2. P

Cafes in and around Birmingham

Hello I can recall the cafe in Blythewood road/ Wharfdale road junction( of the King road )Tysely early sixties I’m sure this was by the bike factory and smiths crisp factory would this be the one it was run by a chap and his wife sorry can’t recall name but can recall ordering sos sandwich with...
  3. P

Roundsman - Milkman, Coalman and Other Home-delivery Providers)

Hi Lyn Sorry but I couldn’t recall those names Peter
  4. P

Roundsman - Milkman, Coalman and Other Home-delivery Providers)

Hi I started at the Co-op in Stechford ( Manor Road) in1962 as assistant roundsman (boy) Always remember tunnocks caramel bars which were in our baskets along with other various Items which were offered to customers as we knocked their doors, sliced loaves were 1 shilling and 2 pence a tin loaf...
  5. P

Hannams Bakery. Hay Mills. 1056 Coventry Road. VIC 0700.

Please would have been nice!!
  6. P

Bread Vehicles

Hi I worked as a lad in 1962/5 at the coop in Stetchford If I recall the sliced loaves thick or thin were one and penny a loaf ,the tin loaves were a shilling,batches about 6d in the baskets we also had various biscuits which included Tunnocks Caramel bars still on sale today ( lovely) I worked...
Back