• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Celia Dillworth

Summer Lane

Oughton Road Sparkhill d day party
  2. Celia Dillworth

Gregory family

The Henry James Gregory born July 9th 1916 apparently his mother died when he was 6 weeks old. We have no knowledge of whether he went to adoption or to an orphanage, He would never speak of his life .
  3. Celia Dillworth

Gregory family

Thankyou for that information will pass on to my Friend .
  4. Celia Dillworth

Gregory family

I have been asked by a Friend to find her Fathers family, he was Henry James Gregory born July 9th 1916. his mother died soon after his birth, Not sure whether he was adopted or sent to orphanage as father could not cope. Wonder seeing as yours was a James if this could be family ??
  5. Celia Dillworth

Courtyards and yards of brum

AMAZING TO ME //
  6. Celia Dillworth

Thank you so much Lyn, I was so thrilled to see it, Brought back so many Memories , Good & Bad , But was able to show my family of my Beginnings haha X Celia
  7. Celia Dillworth

Yes it was , My Parent's split up so we moved My Mother & Self when I was 12, My Father Married again and lived there, He had Building & Plastering Business on corner of Vittoria Street & St Helens Passage. Later he moved with family on £10 tickets to Australia.
  8. Celia Dillworth

WOW THIS IS WHERE I WAS BORN last house at top near noisy thumping press factory, My Mom's washing on the line. THANKYOU FOR THE MEMORIES , Even the airaid shelters on the left, their were 2.
  9. Celia Dillworth

John T Hornick

My father in law used to assemble and build the Lanchester.
  10. Celia Dillworth

Public graves at Warstone Lane

Thank you so much for your help. Hope to be in Midlands in few weeks time. Definitely will go visit my Grandads Place of rest. Regards Celia Randall nee Dillworth
  11. Celia Dillworth

Public graves at Warstone Lane

How could I find out which Grave my Grandfather Charles Henry Pugh was buried in, around 1947 -8 Please ??
  12. Celia Dillworth

Slums

Jewellery Quarter, Vittoria Street, Back to Back houses, Slum houses, Toilets shared in back yard Brewhouses. Have to fetch water also from Yard. Gas lights.
  13. Celia Dillworth

Lost streets of birmingham

Anyone Born or lived in St Helen's Passage of Vittoria Street ? Names I recall Are The Praters, Gilberts, Frosts, Bishops,Georges, Small, Mountneys, Mc Court's, I went to St Paul's School, Spencer Street, Anyone else have memories ????? Love to hear from you .
Back