• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. G

W.H. Price Ltd Tool Hire

Hi Lyn It is strange, I remember more about the UJG than things much more recent. I was only 16 when I started there so have clear early memories; Harry Timings was the Works Manager, he was in his sixties and lived on the Walsall Road opposite the Alexander Stadium... Harry Reynolds was a...
  2. G

W.H. Price Ltd Tool Hire

Hi Lyn I worked for the UJG from 1978-82. I was only a lad back then. So you would remember. Doug Stewart, Harry Timings, Harry Reynolds and all the unsung workers..?
  3. G

Handsworth Technical School

I am about your sisters age; I went to Handsworth Tech/ Hamstead Hall from 1973 and one of the few teachers I remember was Drake, he as I recall was one to keep clear of. Actually, I also remember many more teachers who were decent... ironically, I left in 1975 to go to Great Barr Comp. And that...
  4. G

Great Barr Schools - Aldridge Road And Great Barr Comprehensive

I went to Great Barr, leaving in 1978. I have very mixed memories about the place... A lot of the teachers there were decent and more to the point with hindsight not bad teachers, others however were awful bullies who by todays standards would be investigated. I remember them well with nothing...
Back