• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. ray evason

SPIERS John b Birmingham 1903.

Hi Lyn,many thanks to you and all the Birmingham History forum members for their kind help in the search for my Father ,there is still a lot more to do,but I now feel "complete" it was a great joy to find him and to now Know him,best wishes to everyone Ray,I am still hoping to find a photograph...
  2. ray evason

Hi Mikejee,Promi sed to update you,the marriage certificate has arrived for John Spier's marrying May Sculthorpe at Christ Church Leicester on 20th June 1942,she was 27 and he was 38,he had been a lodger at her Fathers house 153 Bedford st,Leicester,he is now in the Army gives his profession as...
  3. ray evason

Hi MWS, AliceSpiers ( maiden name Slynn) had 5 children,Nellie,born1899, Charles born 1901 John born 13th Nov 1903,Alice born 1908 and Mary,born 1910,all born in Birmingham, their mother Alice died in 1914,and Nellie and Charles were sent to Canada on a Catholic immigration association programme...
  4. ray evason

Spiers ancestors ,children,grandchildren are you out there ?? alice Spiers ( born 1908 in birmingham) married William Vincent In 1927, then there is Mary Spiers ( born 1910 in Birmingham) did she marry? And have children who are still alive,any help please.
  5. ray evason

Thanks MWS,Johns parents were George and Alice so we can rule this one out,you have been a great help to me,best wishes Ray
  6. ray evason

Hi MWS,I have re checked John Spier's who died in 1956 age 52,and found he was the son of Samuel and Emma Spier's born in 1904 in Leicester,so unfortunately not my John Spier's but it was a good try and thank you for helping, Ray.
  7. ray evason

I have researched this John Spier's,and he was born in 1904( not 1903) close though! And there was another family living in Leicester with a son John Spier's born in 1904, so I think this record is of him,but it was worth a try,and thank you.
  8. ray evason

Hi pjmburns,thank you so much for this information,you are a gem
  9. ray evason

Hi MWS,the death of John Spier's ( born 1903) in Leicester in 1956 is a real possibility so can you please tell me where you got this information from so that I can follow it up,many thanks for you help Ray Evason 'Hi MWS,I have sent off for the marriage certificate for John Spier's and May...
  10. ray evason

Hi MWS,an update on your great picture of 64 and 65 Allison st, the 1901 census shows the Spier's family George and Alice living there with two children and with another family William and Elizabeth Lee with 4 children,( two families And 10 people)which was quite common in 1901!, but John...
  11. ray evason

Hi MWS,an update on the great picture of Hi pjmburns thank you for this information ,how did you find it and from what source,it looks as though they were living with her parents at the time in 1935, they both separated on Christmas day in 1935, and he moved to Leicester ( where he can be found...
  12. ray evason

Hi MWS,yes you are right have just re-checked and it was number 63 Allison street so the demolished house is where he was born ( I should have gone to Specsavers !!!) Thanks for your correction,it must be old age !!
  13. ray evason

Well spotted,which means that the first house past the demo?ished house is 64 Allison Street where my father was born on Nov 13th 1903,and could the lady standing in the doorway,be his mother and my Grandmother WOW!!! Thanks for your valuable input
  14. ray evason

Lost Birmingham Pubs

Are the any pictures,or information on " the kings head" pub,at 67 Allison street,Birmingham,I think it was demolished about 1906/7.
  15. ray evason

Hi Lyn and Astoness,yes the picture shows houses 65 and 66 and the kings head pub was 67, so the demolished house was 64,where my father John Spier's was born on 13th Nov 1903,its quite weird to think that the people standing in their doorways were next door neighbours and would have known my...
  16. ray evason

Hi MSW,where did you get this information from? Have tried Electoral rolls but they only seem to go up to 1932!
  17. ray evason

The 1911 census shows that the Spier's family had moved to 4 back of 105 Floodgate St,Birmingham.where George and Alice Spier's had 5 children,Nellie- Charles - John -Alice - Mary ,there must be some ancestors of these 5 children,and if so I hope they will get to read this thread and...
  18. ray evason

Hi Pedtocut,unfortunately I don't think this Villa player is the John Spier's I am looking for,I wish it was,but many thanks for your help and interest in my Search.
  19. ray evason

Hi Mikejee I have sent off for a copy of the marriage certificate for John Spier's and May Scunthorpe in 1942,in order to confirm that it is the John Spiers in my family, I will keep you posted, ,and yes Edith Parrett was born in Crew,Cheshire,on 10th March,1901,in 1911 they had moved to 53...
  20. ray evason

Yes Edith Parrett was born in Crew ,Cheshire,in 1901, the family then moved to Wolverhampton,and then to Kings Heath Birmingham.
Back