• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. C

Anne Heywood (Violet Pretty) Book Project

My name is Dr. Christopher Weedman and I'm an Assistant Professor of Film Studies in the Department of English at Middle Tennessee State University in the United States. Back in 2016, I posted this thread about a biography that I'm writing on actress and Erdington native Anne Heywood (born...
  2. C

Hi Morturn! I'm very sorry for your loss. Please accept my sincerest condolences. Best regards, Christopher.
  3. C

Thanks Morturn! By any chance, is your mother still living? If so, do you think she would be interested in sharing some memories for the book that Anne Heywood (a.k.a. Violet Pretty) and I are working on together? I talked to Anne earlier this week about her memories of growing up in Birmingham...
  4. C

Great! This is very helpful.
  5. C

Hi! I'm familiar with this well-researched article. It gave me some helpful leads. I also was able to find out many other details during my interviews with Anne Heywood for the book, as well as a few articles from old Birmingham newspapers that I found. Best regards, Christopher.
  6. C

Hi Lady Penelope! Actually, a kind person from the area already sent me photos of the houses, but I greatly appreciate your offer. Best regards, Christopher.
  7. C

Thank you for this detail, Mike! Do you know where I might find access to the electoral roles? Are they available online? Best regards, Christopher.
  8. C

Hello! Her mother's name was Edna Elizabeth Lowndes. Best regards, Christopher.
  9. C

My name is Dr. Christopher Weedman and I'm a professor of Film Studies at Kutztown University of Pennsylvania in the United States. I'm working with Birmingham-born actress Anne Heywood (originally named Violet Pretty) on a book about her career. A chapter of the book will focus on her early...
Back