• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

RIP john houghton (aka gingerjon)

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
i am now starting a third condolence thread (due to losing the last two)for john who recently passed away...john help to start this forum many years ago and will be sadly missed...thinking of his wife june and family at this time...johns funeral arrangements are as follows and so another brummie star will light up the sky

streetly crematorium
may 16th
1 pm

single-bright-wishing-star-stand.jpg

I was very sad to read John has died. here is a poem he wrote god bless him RIP John, condolences to his wife and family at this time

Return of the Past
by
John Houghton

They never gave us a thought of being alone
When they decided to knock down our home
They moved us about to parts unknown
Where our seeds had never been sown
They took us from a neighbouring friend
Was this going to be the beginning of the end
They never gave any thoughts to those left behind
Of neighbours and friends that where always kind
The spirit of all those years in the place we had lived
Those long years in the wilderness have been bridged
Now all these memories of our long lost past
We have all been brought back together at last

I will surly miss John, known him for a very long time 25 years plus, we were partners on the astonbrook facebook group, Mark his son told me that he died peacefully in his sleep which was nice to hear because he has been very poorly over the past couple of years or more, My thoughts are with June and all the Houghton family and of course his friends. You Will be Missed John....

MESSAGE OFF CARL CHINN TO JOHNS WIFE JUNE AND FAMILY

carl has asked me to send his sincere condolences to johns family...he was hoping to attend the funeral but he cant get out of work commitments on that day..

edit carl has said if he can re arrange his work schedule he will be there..

"my admiration for his important work in passing on the people’s history of Aston on the Aston Manor website and for local history in general"

carl x

Last edited:
Back