• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birth Certificate

mrbluesky1957

master brummie
Hi all, I need some advice please. Trying to get a birth cert for someone born 1992. I have all the blooming details after research.
My daughter has a friend who lost touch with her birth dad. Her mom remarried and that was it.. I've found her dad born 1950 died 2005. She said his name etc and when he married her mom is correct. I've found he later remarried. Had a son who would be step brother.
She is desperate to at least try and make contact. 99% sure I'm correct. Just his Don on govt certs page. Appreciate any help. This is long lost family. I'm stuck, crazy. Thnx Mrbluesky57

Not sure what you're saying.

You have the details but there's no registration or you don't know how to get the birth certificate?

The son would be a half brother not step brother.

I have all the details MWS. Including name date of birth. I'm applying via govt certificates. It asks for his dob a red asterisk on all details which I've got except his actual dob.. Maybe age related under 50? Thank you. Also traced her dad had a sister. So traced her birth, her dad's 2nd marriage. Just cannot get her dads son dob. Phew.

To get a birth certificate for someone who was born less than 50 years ago you will need the exact date not just the year plus all the parents full names.
Mike

Thought so. Got all parents full names just exact birth date urgh. Thank you, anyway once again. Always appreciated, no way round it.

Back