• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

freeth street ladywood

zena58

master brummie
does any one have a map or picture of freeth street please
my grandad was born at number 80 in 1902
william lewis. father edwin wallace lewis, mother elizabeth
thanks
zena:butterfly:

Below no 80 is in red on this c 1890 map. It is a back to back house

map_c1890_showing__no_80_Freeth_St.jpg

thanks mike
the family moved to northbrooke street after.
its still there so i know what it looks like but i had nothing for no 80 just a picture of a grass verge on google
zena

thanks
Hi there
I am looking for information on the mother of Edwin Wallace Lewis, Mary Ann Wood = Thomas Charles Lewis. My G grandfather is Mary Ann's brother, William Harris Wood. Any information would be helpful.

thanks
Sheryl

Mary Ann Wood appears to marry a Thomas Lewis in 1863. There is a Thomas Charles Lewis of a similar age but he was born in Dorstone, whereas Mary's husband was born in Whitbourne.

It looks like Thomas dies in 1895 and Mary re-marries to Edward or William Moss in 1896. He is listed as William on the marriage registration but Edward on the census.

In 1901 they are living Tedstone Delamere/Brockhampton, Herfordshire and in 1911 they are living in Goodrich, Herefordshire.

It's possible Edward dies in 1915 but there are too many deaths registered as Mary A Moss of the right age to be sure which one is correct.

Last edited:
hi
edwin wallace lewis is my great grandfather. I have had a quick look at the wood family in my tree, and i haven't got a william in mary anns family. do you know when and where he was born please
zena

thanks
I might have can I help at all?

Back