• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Summer Meet

Donations for the raffle will welcome and as always the proceeds go to running this great forum xx

Hi all

I'm still up for it. Lovely pic of the pub, great. I liked the comment about the vitamins and quarantine for Lyn!!!!! Quite comical!!!!

Hopefully it won't be snowing!!!!!!

I shall be bringing these books for the raffle.

Attachments

• classsroom.jpg
    classsroom.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 35
  • droitwich.jpg
    droitwich.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 33
  • knowle.jpg
    knowle.jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 36
  • west midlands.jpg
    west midlands.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 37
Getting offers of some really good prizes Lyn. I find it really hard to part with books, especially ones about local history.

same here pen but over the years i have been given many history book very often ive had 4 of the same book:eek: so i donate the extra ones i have for the raffles

lyn

Very sorry, Vicki, can't manage this one. Going to a beach wedding. The first I have ever attended. "WHERE?" I hear you cry. Hawaii, Bali?.............. Not quite - it's overlooking a grey English Channel, if I can see it through the drizzle.....

Chris

Well Chris M, if it's the east coast you should be OK as it's the driest part of the country. Just watch out for the fret!

This is No. 2 for raffleRiver Cole Chelmsley Wood.jpg. on the A to Z the Red cross is the painting location and the Blue cross is where I live

Attachments

• Chelmsley Wood.jpg
    Chelmsley Wood.jpg
    468.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
i agree kat its lovely...eric what is the location of painting 2....i can just see it now....all of our members rolling down price street fighting over your paintings:D:D oh the shame of it all:D:D

lyn

Robert you are correct, 5 minutes from were I live, inspired by last weeks snow, walk my dog Toby there every day, its actually in Chelmsley Wood. Eric

The reflection in the icy looking water is wonderful. There's so little to that picture in terms of colour and detail, but Eric has made it look so alive, totally captured the calmness and beauty that a snowy scene has to offer. Brilliant.

Back