• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Moby Dicks / Eagle & Ball By Bcu At Eastside Locks

ellbrown

ell brown on Flickr
I had a close up look at the former Moby Dicks pub in Eastside, now that it is reopened as the Eagle & Ball by BCU.

Here it was in 2010 as the derelict Moby Dicks.

Access to Gopsal Street and Penn Street has been restricted during the many years of construction for the Birmingham City University Curzon Building.

Here the pub is now and reopened as the Eagle & Bull.

Penn Street doesn't finish at Curzon Street any more.

what a transformation and for the better thanks ell to be honest i knew nothing about this pub until now...does anyone know what it was called before moby dicks

lyn

Eagle and Ball Lyn.
Been in there a couple of times. Never seen anyone over 20 in there. Got it's own entrance to the uni.

morning froth yes i know its the eagle and ball now but what was it called originally before it was moby dicks....surely that was not its original name

lyn

i think its certainly worth a look at....never very good at judging ages but it could be georgian athough looking again maybe not...either way its good to see it open for business

Back