• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lodge Hill Cemetery Burial Records, Where Do I Look?

Kat7272

master brummie
Hi all

I have been trying to find the website for burial listings at Lodge Hill.

I'm sure I have been on the site before, but I can't remember where I looked.

I think that Witton Cemetery Admin, have the records for all of Birmingham burials etc, I need to find my grand dads who died in 1954, they told me he was cremated at Yardley, and the date...I found them to be very helpful...but this was around 10 years ago....but still worth an email, or phone call if you need to find a certain person...

There was (a long time ago) someone who put on here how you could find out on familysearch where people were buried??

Thanks MWS, I have found what I need from that link. I will make a note of the web address this this time!

Thanks aston lad and Carolina.

I have another question, would Lodge Hill Cemetery have any details stating the parents on an infant death record? If not, where might I find such details?

The burial records I've seen (after they became more formal) haven't listed the parents of deceased infants.

A death certificate will give the person who registers the death and will note their relationship to the deceased. In case of an infant I would suspect it would be one of the parents.

The only information the cemetery will hold, is the name, the day they were buried and the plot number, no other details....You will need to purchase a death certificate to obtain the information you require...

although not the same info as kat is after but a few years ago i was researching the death of my dads aunt who died in 1983 and was a bit of a loner and i was helping one of the 3 children she had adopted at birth find out if she was still alive as he had just accessed his adoption records and had found me through joining this forum... i found out that she was cremated at yardley and they were able to tell me the name of the funeral directors so i phoned them up and they were able to tell me that the funeral was arranged by the council and that the only person present was a member of the staff at the nursing home where she died no family members in attendance...

lyn

Last edited:
Thanks Aston lad and Lyn.

I may well have to purchase the death cert, I might be lucky with this download, when it works, I have had to email them to report the faulty download, so I don't expect a reply until Monday!

Always good to know about other experiences Lyn, thanks for sharing.

I had an email today with the download details.

I was hoping to see an address but unfortunately that info wasn't available.

I think the death cert is the other option.

Thanks everyone for your help with this.

Regarding Lodge Hill cemetery, where could I find the details of the plot numbers for the graves, without having to pay for the information?

In the past I have asked the cemetery office and found them helpful. Lodge Hill provided a map as well.

Thanks pjm, I have been into the cemetery office and they do seem helpful. I will go there in the better weather and see what I can find.

When I asked they went and checked and then marked the section on a map for me. I did know a rough date.

If he was cremated, during the early 1950s, I could have caved his name in on the wood panels, on the inside walls of the crematory, I did a lot of that working for William Bloye the Denver Sculptor

Attachments

• IMGP0398.jpg
    IMGP0398.jpg
    523.4 KB · Views: 18
To aston lad, (post number 2) Thanks for the link to burial records, I`ve now used it 4 times and found records of family, Cheers. cresser.

Back