• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Pageant July 1938

Re: Replacing Pictures of Egbert and little Sidney - the Dinosaurs from the 1938 Page

One of the floats from the parade...
On the side it say's: something - something - "Brass Copper Association"... I would love to know what the whole inscription actually is.... Can anyone help with this please?
The 3 people in the foreground are relations of mine and appear in nearly all of my photos.
Birmingham Pageant 1938 07.jpg

Here's another photo of the same float in colour!.... This is a 'still' from the Pageant film.
Birmingham Pageant 1938 08.jpg

Sorry Jaffa, can't help I'm afraid. I was there though looking a right twit dressed as a Pea-Pod. My family still take the micky out of me. Regards, David.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha!... That's a shame David, although I'm sure you made a rather splendid pea-pod!

Here's an "off-stage" photo of my mother who was one of the Stone age/Iron age mob.

Birmingham Pageant 1938 10.jpg

There is a thread called "Pageant in the Park, July 24th 1938" where other pictures of Egbert are shown in #24. Dave

Edit. Threads now merged.

These two images seem to be of the same event. The temporary column of St George has been discussed elsewhere on the forum. Viv.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Back