• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Meet Up At The Bull 3rd February 2018

Lady Penelope

master brummie
Hi Everyone,

As it's 10 years today since I first joined the forum I thought it was a good time to post details of the next meet up.
Everyone seems busy at Christmas so I thought we'd go for February.
I've spoken to Patrick at the Bull and we're booked in so even if there is a problem with the forum website this time (heaven forbid) we will still be there at 12 o'clock.
Please put the date in your diaries and your name on the list and we look forward to seeing you all in the New Year.

Oops! Lyn pointed out to me that I hadn't put the address in my post - good job Lyn's got her eye on the ball! The Bull is at 1 Price Street, Birmingham and for those of you with a Satnav it's B4 6JU.

For those who haven't been to the Bull before - there are plenty of buses and lots of free parking. You'd be most welcome.

Last edited:
providing nothing crops up i shall pop in pen..:)

lyn

Last edited:
nice one froth...as you know there is now a notice up reminding us to mind the step:D:D

Eric, as always, amazing work; where is the location of the canal side painting please?

Morturn, Glad you like it, the canal is by junction of Tyburn Rd/Lichfield Rd (where Spaghetti Junction is now), looking towards city centre, the chimney was the old salvage works. I used to walk up the tow path, under Dartmouth Circus to Newhall St sketching on the way, canals was/is one of my favourite subjects. Eric

I've put you all on the list, thanks.
Eric, I'm torn between two of the pictures - the canal one and the second cottage. Where is the second one please? It's the sunlight I like in this one.

Lady P, Its a Cotswold Village, don't know which one I'm afraid. I could drop them of at your house a few days before the meet, then your could chose the one you like at your leisure from the actual painting, and bring the remaining 3 paintings on the day, just a suggestion ? my post #11 gives the location of the canal scene . PS It was the sunlight which made me want to paint it !! Eric

Thanks Eric, very kind of you. I'm a sucker for paintings with light. So clever! We'd love to see you anytime but I'll decide before the meet up.

Morturn, Glad you like it, the canal is by junction of Tyburn Rd/Lichfield Rd (where Spaghetti Junction is now), looking towards city centre, the chimney was the old salvage works. I used to walk up the tow path, under Dartmouth Circus to Newhall St sketching on the way, canals was/is one of my favourite subjects. Eric

Thanks, got it now. I also have walked that section of canal a few time too.

as always they are fantastic paintings eric....i may have missed it but where is location of the one with the church...

lyn

Aah Frothblower, it must be a virtual list! Actually it was on a piece of paper .....

So far we have:

Lyn (if she can)
Mikejee
Morturn
Eric
Phil
and yourself (if it snows we will clear the step).
Plus Graham and me.

Have I missed anyone so far?

Hi Everyone,

As it's 10 years today since I first joined the forum I thought it was a good time to post details of the next meet up.
Everyone seems busy at Christmas so I thought we'd go for February.
I've spoken to Patrick at the Bull and we're booked in so even if there is a problem with the forum website this time (heaven forbid) we will still be there at 12 o'clock.

It's a date! See you there.

Hope to be there Lady P. Depends when my husband has his surgery. All we know so far is "in the New Year"!!

Thanks Brian, your name's on the list. Do hope you can come Janice, it would be nice to catch up. It would be good to get the surgery over with though.

A quick reminder that the meet up is taking place on 3rd February. Do hope we'll see lots of members coming especially some new faces.

thanks pen...hope to be able to be there...be nice to see you again janice as we have not seen you for a while so fingers crossed....dont forget folks we do not bite...so long as we have eaten:D:D

lyn

I will wholly concur, this will be an amazing meet up, always very enjoyable, friendly and welcoming. It’s what we Birmingham folk do well.

Only two weeks to go for a chance to win one of Eric's wonderful pictures in the raffle on 3rd Feb. I've learned a lot from chatting to people at the meet ups so why not come along and see if you can pick any information up too. We meet at 12 mid-day and you can stay as long as you like. If you haven't been before just pop in for a pint and a chat. The Bull is in Price Street in the old Gun Quarter

Back