• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Frank Grounds Motor Services

Frank D V Grounds, b.1889 Notting Hill, London, in 1911 at 192 Park Road Aston Manor as a Furniture Remover & General Carter. He had married Minnie L Perrins in the last quarter of 1910. He died aged 68 in Sutton Coldfield in 1st quarter 1957.
They would have a son, Frank P Grounds in the 3rd quarter of 1913 who would marry Lola E De Sena in 1937. Their 3 children were born in Sutton Coldfield in 1939, 1941 & 1945.
It never ceases to amaze me, the amount of information that is available on the internet nowadays!

Frank D V Grounds, b.1889 Notting Hill, London, in 1911 at 192 Park Road Aston Manor as a Furniture Remover & General Carter. He had married Minnie L Perrins in the last quarter of 1910. He died aged 68 in Sutton Coldfield in 1st quarter 1957.
They would have a son, Frank P Grounds in the 3rd quarter of 1913 who would marry Lola E De Sena in 1937. Their 3 children were born in Sutton Coldfield in 1939, 1941 & 1945.
It never ceases to amaze me, the amount of information that is available on the internet nowadays!

Exceptional ! Correct in every detail. I'm the 1945 edition [ born VE Day ]

My dad worked at Frank Grounds Ltd in the 50's as a body builder. I have a feeling that they moved to just outside Lichfield and were called Three Spires Motors.

I certainly remember the name but I can not isolate a proper image or location in my mind.

Three Spires,

The late David J. Grounds wasn't by any chance a relation I suppose? Dave played piano, did big-band arrangements, and came second in the Melody Maker Arranging Contest in 1960 at the Royal Festival Hall. He also did some arrangements for the Norman Dovey Band in Brum.

Maurice

Back