• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Kings Norton. Monyhull Hall Road.

Elmdon Boy

master brummie
My Mum and Dad owned the newsagents shop in Monyhull Hall Rd, in the parade of shops by Lindsworth Approach from 1970 to 1984. Singletons, anybody remember it.
I lived above the shop from 1970 to 1979. Anybody have any photos of the shops, as unfortunately I have none. Any memories from that time or before.

Thanks mikejee, that's the one. It was owned by Slades then. My bedroom was the dormer window in the roof RH side with the window open. Cartwrights haberdashery and Linthornes the chemist were still there when m & d left in i984. The end shop in my time was Victoria Wine.. LH side was a butchers.

Hi Elmdon Boy, I grew up on Monyhull Hall Road and used to go into your parents shop for a quarter of sweets...there was the most amazing selection! My sister was a papergirl for them for a couple of years.
It's a shame to see the shops there now. There was also a greengrocers, a small supermarket I think called Lo Cost and the Post Office.

Quite right about the other shops in the parade warrenasbury, they were round the corner in Lindsworth Approach. In recent times Mum and Dads old shop has become a café.

Back