• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Collingwood Drive School Pheasey

Miriam I have looked through both photo's to see if my late cousin Arther was on as he would have been about twelve when they were taken. He lived in Leyton close then Hillingfor when he got married. Jean.

Miriam Unable to remember, I was around 10 then some of our houses in Cotman Close backed onto to Catermole Grove, and at times cut through the gardens which were joined Dave
if I may, Miriam, will pass them on to a person who might remember, and still lives on the Pheasey Dave
Going to email the pics again, comp problems the other end Dave

Miriam still waiting for a reply, might be June will have the pics with me, hope to make this 2010 reunion,

2010 School reunion in the Community Centre 1930, June 10th

2010 School reunion in the Community Centre 1930, June 10th,

on the corner of Hillingford and Tyndale Crescent

Miriam have lots of names on the one pic, will have some names in time for the holiday pic, lots of interest in both pics

Dave

Collingwood Drive School closed many years ago, being used as a Community Centre (it`s a start)

pic from 20067th August 2006 Monday 032.jpg

Hi fpund this site when doing some family tree research I went to Collingwood Drive Secondary School (Cowsheds)
I moved to Barr Beacon when the school closed to do 6th form It was so sad Mr Valance took Maths and Science, Mr Lewis RE and English, Mrs Bowdler did french and Mr Evans (Congo) did I think science and Geography Mrs Bowdler and Mr Valance took some of us off to France she also did music Mr Marwood Brown was Maths teacher he as great (his wife Lady Mayoress of Birmingham) PE I cannot think of teachers name but we all had to do a circuit before it started. School Dinners were in Hall tables of 8 with two servers and the large tin troughs were put in front of you to sever out. I remember the shows, lunch time Mrs Bowdler and Mr Valance teaching us Ballroom dances so If there is anyone out there We had a small class Mrs Bowdler was our form teacher names I remember are Anne (2 of them) Jackie, Marg M, Marg G, Annette (2 of them), Sue, Denise, Carol, David M, Philip C, John W, Steve S, and Steve ? Kevin, Andy, Jeff, Linda, Elaine, Peter L, - and many more.
The Library was a hut by the bus terminus 29 and 29a - (now flats) Great Youth Club at school and the old huts in the playground were used as well as the Gym and hall we often went as teams to play against other clubs
If anyone thinks we could get another reunion it would be lovely I missed the other one - our ages would now be Born in 1954/1955 for our year so all around 67-68 years of age The Church on Romney was Methodist Church and had a hall at the side where on some Saturdays had a disco. Hope someone sees this would nice to know some of us still about.

Back