• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Marston Green Tavern

The pub demolished in the 60's was a wooden construction, similar to other pubs in the area like The Meadway, The Cabin, The Chestnut Tree and The Iron Horse.

Thanks for that photo. Do you know if the wooden pub and the present pub are on the same site?

The grounds of the old Tavern are probably where the car park is now, the new building is further away from the post office,
that is of course, if it still is a post office.

The old tavern had a long timber pavilion at the back which would have been a function room in its time,
there was also a bowling green.

It had loads of character in its day shame it had to go.

The Tea Room at the Tavern. This looks like a function room. And I can imagine it must have catered for visitors, walkers, cyclists, motorists (see post #5) to the area, especially at weekends. The room in the image looks like it might be set up for a special function.

Screenshot_20240415_192603_Chrome.jpg

Back