• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Ray Barrett

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
i have been informed today that our member ray barrett has recently passed away...ray was a smashing man who attended a few of our meet ups including the one at the stags head which held memories for ray as he and his family were out of tower st and i think brearley st and he also made some great posts...

RIP ray it was a pleasure to know you...my sincere condolances to rays family

lyn xx

Last edited:
details of rays funeral should any of his friends wish to attend

27th of june 12 pm

Banbury Crematorium
Southam Road
Banbury
OX17
Then at rays favourite pub The George, Daventry afterwards"

Hi Lynn
many thanks for informing us of rays death i certainly recall ray and i am saddened to hear of it as i had alot of chat with ray
Going back over the years
my sincere condolences to his family
Rest in Peace ray

Sorry to hear about Ray, he was a nice guy and always pleasant to talk to. R.I.P. Ray...

It's always sad to hear that one of our forum friends has passed away. Rest in peace Ray

Last edited:
I met Ray twice and on both occasions we talked at length about how past times were more enjoyable than the present.
Rest in peace nice man.
stitcher

Back