• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Ansells Brewery

nice postcard dave...thanks

lyn
I have an Ansell's Ash Tray in excellent shape, it's made of Melamine by or a company called Praesidium. I wonder if replicas were made, or if it's original. I will take a photo and post it.
Dave A

Stevehanson's post #324 - this is a really nice PC can anyone tell me where it is please? Some interesting buildings on the right hand side.

Stevehanson's post #324 - this is a really nice PC can anyone tell me where it is please? Some interesting buildings on the right hand side.
Hi, thanks for your comments, I'm not sure where it is, I just noticed the Ansells sign but the building on the right looks like an official building or maybe swimming baths, pity I can't see the front of the pub, after 30 years at Ansells and 22 years a driver I should really know the name and where it was. Regards Steve.

what a wonderful photo...thanks for sharing it with us
Thanks for your kind words but this history will be forgotten if we don't write it down. I know myself that people working on the job now, today, don't know the struggle we we went through in the past to pass on a very well paid and happy work life job.

Steve, I have been trying to work out if you might have delivered to my grandmother's outdoor in Holte Road Witton. I think she was still there when you joined Ansells.

Hi Tony, when I first started at Ansells in 1969 I was in the free trade dept, meaning we didn't deliver to Ansells off licences, so I wouldn't have delivered to your grandmother.

Ansell's barrel trussing comes to an end in 1966. Article attached below. Viv.

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 10
Hi, I started at Ansells in Feb 1969 and the wooden barrel was still in use till about 1972, I can Rember one day when it was quiet doing none stop runs from the brewery to the sports ground at Perry Barr taking empty barrels to be burnt on the annual bonfire. We were still using wooden hogsheads till about 1971. I also knew a couple of coopers.

A Christmas party for employees' children at Ansells Brewery in 1958.
30716612_941697196008020_5333577340307652863_n.jpg

Back