• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Hope Family

susi

proper brummie kid
I am hoping to contact any decendants of the Hope family ( Henry & Florence) that lived in Millhouse Road, Small Heath/Bordesley Green pre 1934.
Particularly Doris Hope who married Frank Collins. I believe she had brothers Leonard Henry and Albert Charles.
Doris and Frank lived in Somerville Road, Small Heath in 1939/40. I am looking for information on a daughter, Yvonne (Hazel) Collins who could have married a Gordon Johnson and went to live in Australia in the 1970's but not confirmed.

Last edited:
I don't know if there is any link but my Gt Grandfather was Bernard Hope 1867-1918. He had only daughters, but he had two older brothers George born 1865 and Sidney born 1866. their father was called Samuel born 1841 I have not traced the brothers down to the 20th century but know that our family of Hopes on my grandmother's side are all from the Birmingham area.

Thank you for your reply. I have been successful in tracing the person that I wanted, the Hope family was her mother's side. When you do further research if you come across these names please contact me if I can help.

Back