• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Easter Meet Up 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
not for me jim...would rather get stuck into roses faggots and peas or steak and kidney pie:D

lyn

Thank goodness Lyn ! An Easter meet up without eggs would be a very poor show.

Been planning my Easter bonnet for the occasion. Would something along these lines be suitable? Not too much eh? Viv.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50.8 KB · Views: 18
dont worry viv if you tripped down THE step wearing a hat like that i am sure there would a scramble to pick you up dont want you to end up with egg on yer face...:D:D:D

lyn

Last edited:
Would love to go even though I'm from just across the border, would have to bring Him Indoors as he would be driving. Is the parking ok nearby does anyone know? It would be a little post birthday treat for me ( birthday on the 12th)

hi brummgirl and we would love to see you both...always great to meet new members:) ample parking in car park at the side of the bull and there are also parking meters...not expensive...will add you to the list..look forward to seeing you soon

lyn

another raffle prize off our kid..nice big book and dvd brand new...hope we have some steam enthusiasts:)

img259.jpg img260.jpg

hopefully devonjim will be brum on the 15th and be able to pop1 in to say hello to us....be good to meet you jim..hope to see you soon:):)

DETAILS ON POST 1 FOLKS...

lyn

Very sorry, Lyn, shan't be able to make this one as we shall be almost certainly away having a bit of a hol that week.

Thanks for all your hard work, as ever.

Chris

oh thats a shame chris but at least you and marlene made the xmas meet...:)

all the best enjoy the break away

lyn

Last edited:
BRINGING TO THE TOP FOLKS...]View attachment 111939 HI FOLKS...TIME TO START THINKING ABOUT SPRING AND OUR EASTER MEET UP:)EVERYONE IS WELCOME..FRIENDS AND FAMILY AS WELL...WE WILL ONCE AGAIN BE HOLDING A RAFFLE..PROCEEDS WILL GO TO OUR FORUM FUNDS WHICH KEEPS THIS FORUM RUNNING..IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO BRING A RAFFLE PRIZE THAT WILL BE MOST WELCOME AND ITS ALWAYS GREAT TO MEET NEW FACES:)AS USUAL THE LIST WILL BE FOR MEMBERS HOPING TO ATTEND AS WE KNOW THINGS CAN CROP UP AT THE LAST MINUTE:rolleyes:...SO ONCE AGAIN LET THE BHF BANDWAGON ROLL OUT:)..DETAILS BELOW...I HAVE LET OUR LANDLADY ROSE KNOW WE ARE COMING AND SHE SAID SHE LOOKS FORWARD TO WELCOMING US ALL AGAIN AT THE BULL...:)

VENUE...THE BULL PUB..PRICE ST/LOVEDAY ST B4 6JU ( GREAT PUB GRUB) AND THE PUB IS STEEPED IN HISTORY

DATE..SATURDAY THE 15TH OF APRIL...MIDDAY KICK OFF

View attachment 111930

MEMBERS HOPING TO ATTEND...

STEVE R.AND CORINNE
MIKEJEE
PHIL
COOKIE273UK (ERIC)
ASTONESS
LADY PENELOPE AND PARKER
POSTIE AND THE BOSS HILARY
VICKY
LYNNE WEBB
KEYHILL BRIAN
ROSIELAB
MARK
GEORGE
BRUMMYGIRL AND HIM INDOORS..
DEVONJIM
MORTURN
KELLY
ENZOTHEBAKER
KIERON
DAVIDGRAIN

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Some books for the raffle.

Attachments

• Image (17).jpg
    Image (17).jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 60S.jpg
    60S.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Image (18).jpg
    Image (18).jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 28
  • WORK.jpg
    WORK.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 28
  • memories.jpg
    memories.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 28
still time to find a seat folks before its sitting on laps time:Dalways nice to see new faces so dont be shy:)

lyn

thats great enzo another new face to greet:) you are most welcome to bring any friends or family along...see you soon..will add you to the list

lyn

Sorry to say, but I'm unable to come to the Easter meet up. My son will be visiting from the States over Easter. Very happy of course, but disappointed I won't be able to join you all.

Have a happy Easter everyone and no fighting over the raffle prizes. Please make sure you take plenty of pics for us to see. Viv.

Sorry to say, but I'm unable to come to the Easter meet up. My son will be visiting from the States over Easter. Very happy of course, but disappointed I won't be able to join you all.

Have a happy Easter everyone and no fighting over the raffle prizes. Please make sure you take plenty of pics for us to see. Viv.

thanks for letting us know viv...as we always say...family first...enjoy your easter with the family..dont overdo it on the choccies lol

lyn

ok folks only a week to go...ive ordered the good weather so book your seat or just turn up on speck if you are passing...everyone is most welcome..friends and family included and can i just say thank you to everyone who has donated some wonderful raffle prizes..got my eyes on a few of them:D

lyn

Last edited:
I have really rushed a page for The Bull in order to get it online before the social event. Something to read in advance. It's been such a rush there may be typo's and wonky bits but at least the main thing is it is there for you to read. No external links will work yet - they are placed in advance as it is easier than go back and do it.

By the way, if you do read the history I have compiled you will note that the history panels outside the pub are completely wrong in terms of the pub opening - I have it narrowed down to the late 1770's, probably 1778. This is also 20-odd years before the c.1800 which is on the pub's fascia.

Here's the link https://www.midlandspubs.co.uk/birmingham/price-street/bulls-head.htm

Cheers, Kieron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back