• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Hospitals

Tanya

Brummie babby
Hi all
How can I find out if my dad was in St Geralds hospital he had TB I have not been able to confirm that it was that hospital but I am fairly confident .
I know my greatgran was in Mosely Mall in 1911 when census was done how can I find out why
Many Thanks
Tanya

St Gerard's was run by Father Hudson's society, I think, and you could try asking them if records are available but they would be subject to closure and you might need to prove next of kin. They can be contacted by email at [email protected]

Moseley Hall records will also be subject to closure under 100 year rule. Geting access to medical records is not easy because of confidentiality.

Thank you I have emailed about my dad hopefully I will get a reply soon .
When you say there is a 100 yr rule when does the 100yr start because if 1911 when my greatgran was in the hospital was the start could I not get the details now as 100yrs has past

Can anyone help? I am researching the cytology training school set up in the 1960s and pathology unit.

In particular, I am researching a rare piece of equipment used in the 1960s in automated cervical screening and I know there was one in Birmingham. The Vickers apparatus. I am also interested in the training of cyto technicians in those early days of screening…

Back