• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Stitchers stitchings

img059.jpg
Thanks for the nice comments, very much appreciated.
Above is my next project which I started a week ago, it has 389,550 stitches compared to 252.500 in the Mad Hatter one. it contains 90 colours and is about six inches more in height and three inches more in width.
Thanks again for the comments and I will occasionally show the Teddy bear as it progresses.

Stitcher.

003.JPG
Not much to look at but here is the present project showing one row of pattern pages with another seven to do.

For some reason I could not put this message beneath the image in the previous post. As you can see I have done another swathe across the fabric and it is now four and a half pages from eight in length. When I bought the pattern I did not notice that there is a handgun near his right hand but I assume it must be a toy gun.

Stitcher.

Stitcher, absolutely brilliant !! me, I have a job sowing a button on. Your skill and patience is to be admired. Eric

Love sewing and can appreciate the great effort Stitcher has put in to this. And what a relaxing hobby it is too. I'm sure you must get a lot of pleasure from producing your pieces Stitcher. Viv.

Hello Stitcher, Another wonderful creation. I always enjoy seeing your work. Thank you for posting them.
I was a bit surprised to see the gun you mention, but it is obviously meant to be a toy as there are other toys in the picture.
Anthea.

Would it not be possible to omit the gun, continue the material down and put a left foot (concealed by the toy gun)on the stuffed toy, Eric

Thank you all for the encouraging remarks and Re. the gun, my good lady wife thinks I should leave it as it is. If I had taken up Xstitch a few years earlier I would have concentrated on some of Birmingham's older buildings. I have the software to turn a photo into a pattern, colour or greyscale but they would need to be on the large side to be effective and at age 76 with not good health it is too late to start now. Thank you all again.

Stitcher

Stitcher, a man after my own heart, preferring Birmingham's older buildings to the modern glass and concrete structures. Eric

just back from a short holiday, glad to see you back Stitcher, amazing work as usual, keep up the good work. Paul Stacey.

I posted that one before I added this paragraph. That is now showing 35 pages from a total 56. It has taken 3 years to get this far, I may have said before that I have had 2 lots of surgery on my right eye plus an injection through my eyeball and that has slowed me up somewhat.
Stitcher.

Thank you for the kind remarks Paul and yes we are both o/k thank you.

I repeat, an astounding piece of work, your skill is to be admired Stitcher, not to mention your patience !!! Eric

Thank you that comment Eric but I can assure that I view your paintings with envy because I am useless with a paint brush or a pencil.

Stitcher.

image1.JPG
I have been thinking that when I have completed the small patch in the lower right hand corner that it would 42 pages done, but I have been fooling myself because it will be 41 and a 1/2 pages so I have to sew my way back to the other side of the fabric to complete 42 pages.
Stitcher.

So nice to hear from you "Stitcher", brilliant job as normal for you, hope you and yours all well, great 2016 if not mentioned before. Regards Paul Stacey

DSCF1038.JPG DSCF1036.JPG
I have not posted this one before because I was not sure if many people really liked her but in the wake of the fondness shown in the press recently here it is, it is almost 1 metre high.

Back