• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Searching for a burial - Harry Hall died 1975

PoBo

Hi

I am looking for a burial of Harry Hall who died 28th May 1975 at Hollies Croft in Birmingham. Does anyone know where I may be able to find this information please? I often wish my family did not have such a common surname as it is like looking for a needle in a haystack but I guess it adds to the excitement of the chase!

Many Thanks in advance for any help you can give me

Pauline

Hi Pauline,
I Googled Hollies Croft and it showed that Hollies Croft was a cul-de-sac between the Bristol Road and Pershore Road, near to the Edgbaston cricket ground. I wonder if Lodge Hill might be where Harry was taken?, worth a try I suppose.

Try Witton Cemetery, they do or did keep all the records for the Birmingham area, if you have the death date of the person you are looking for they should be able to tell you where and the grave number

The original posting is from 2015, I wondered if PoBo is still searching!
(The index for Witton is online at BMSGH)
rosie.

Yes, the BMSGH Index rules out Handsworth, Warstone Lane, Witton & Key Hill, but this may now be a dead thread.

Maurice

Back