• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Restaurant 176 Aston Rd In 1892

simasterb

proper brummie kid
Hello
I am after some advice of where i might find more info about a resturant called dining rooms which address was 176 aston rd bham -this was in 1892.The resturant was there for about 4 years or more. I have found info (just the name of it)on kellys but would like to get more info and pictures etc.

Would be greatful of any help or pointers.

hi there...dining rooms would not be the name of it....dining room just means it is some sort of eating establishment...i would think it pretty unlikely to find a photo of it from 1892 but maybe other members could help you...there is chance that our map expert mikejee could provide you with a map showing no 176 aston road to see how big the building was...

lyn

Below is a map c 1950 showing, in red, 176 Aston road, which seems to be the same building as hat shown in red on the c1889 map.

map c 1889 showing 176 aston road.jpg map c 1950 showinjgb 176 aston road.jpg

Hi Lyn and Mike.

Thanks very much for info i was trying to find a resturant called dining rooms...no wonder i couldnt find anything!!

Thanks Mike for the map.looks a big building and i will take a look at this in detail.

Very much appreciated.

Regards

Simon.

Back