• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

How Well Do You Know The Forum's Old Pics ?

oldMohawk

gone but not forgotten
Where was he ?
42u.jpg

Clue ... there was a 44a bus behind him
:cool:... there is a cheat mode if you can find it !

Last edited:
Hi Janice, the pic is a small segment out of the big pic and won't enlarge, but just for you there is something clickable in the first post which should take you straight there.
oldmohawk

Where were they ?
67u.jpg

They were on a very busy street in the north side of Brum and at their age would not be allowed unaccompanied in a large nearby building. There is also a well known pub nearby.
:cool: there is a Woolworths just to the right of them ....

Last edited:
Which street was he in ? He's on a third floor window.
91u.jpg

He might have rode on a No 5 tram when he was younger.

Last edited:
Where was she ?
10u.jpg

She's in a crowd but not in a street ... there's been much rebuilding since she was there !

I was going to post the pics below but perhaps this 'fun' quiz is too difficult !
50u.jpg
12u.jpg
13u.jpg
14u.jpg
15u.jpg
17u.jpg

So try a click on 'Find Them' in their streets of long ago ... it's what I used ....:)

hi phil.... i think pic 1 is bridge street west pic 2 icknield st...pic 3 is villa street the lady sweeping is standing roughly outside no 107..this is without clicking on find them

lyn

Last edited:
All correct Lyn ... and they ran in Corporation St, ducked outside the Drovers Arms, and patted buses in the High St ... :D

Back